Monday, January 02, 2006

More Madness...


The last gift I finished (I had planned to make a different hat/scarf for the sis-in-law, but a fever of over 103 for 2 days nixed that getting done!) was for my mom. I started this project in August and finished at the Stitch 'n Bitch 3 weeks before Christmas. It's an afghan from a book called "Thick and Quick Afghans". It may be thick, but 4 months to complete isn't all that quick to me! It's made with Homespun in Mediterranean/Rococo/Ranch and Chenille Quick and Thick Basil. The Ranch was a real tough find. I purchased 2 of the needed 3 skeins at the only local place I could find to get it - JoAnn's. And it was 3 months before they had more of that color in. But luckily, it was the same dye lot!!! By the time I found it at JoAnn's again, I had realized that "duh, I should order it online!!" and I made one last stop at JoAnn's before planning on going home that night to order it online, and they finally had it!! woohoo!




(My mom enjoying her new throw!)



1 comment:

Norah said...

You did a great job on that afghan. Love the colors.